Running the EZ Importer in the Mobility for Barcode module can be run as a Windows task, allowing for unattended operation.
This is completed by placing two batch files on either the Sage server or a Sage 100 Workstation on the network. Following these instructions will allow the EZ Importer to run 7 days a week, and will begin the next day.
NOTE: If installing/running on a desktop (not the server), this will utilize a Sage license. Best practice is to create a Sage user called EZImport, and grant it a roll that has full permissions to the Mobility for Barcode module in Role Permissions.
Note for Pre 2021 Sage: The Sage Accounting date may remain static if this Hotfix is not applied to the MAS90/BC folder. Rename the existing BCWIMP and copy in the program found on the ftp site below. While this is meant specifically for Automated EZ Import be sure to test EZ Import from inside of Sage after Applying the Hotfix.
Create two .bat files:
Create the start bat file by opening a notepad and copy/paste the following:
START "EZ Import" /B /D "C:\Sage\MAS90\Home\" "C:\Sage\MAS90\Home\pvxwin32.exe" -hd ..\launcher\sota.ini ..\soa\startup.m4p -ARG DIRECT UION SageUser SagePassword ABC BCWIMP
- Replace the red text (two instances) with the location of the MAS90 folder
- Replace the green text (two instances) with the EZImport username and password (with Role Permissions for the Mobility for Barcode module)
- Replace the blue text with the ERP company code that the EZ Importer will write data to
- Save the file as Start_EZ_Import.bat and place it in a location where it won't be deleted/moved/modified
Create the stop bat file: Copy/paste the same text from your Start file, and replace the last argument of BCWIMP with BCWSTOP (note it will look similar to the below)
START "EZ Import" /B /D "C:\Sage\MAS90\Home\" "C:\Sage\MAS90\Home\pvxwin32.exe" -hd ..\launcher\sota.ini ..\soa\startup.m4p -ARG DIRECT UION SageUser SagePassword ABC BCWSTP
- Save this file as Stop_EZ_Import.bat in the same location as the other
Creating a Windows tasks for both .bat files:
- Open Task Scheduler. On the right panel, choose "Create Task"
- Enter in a name for the task - Start EZ Import
- Enter a description
- Under Security options - use an account that has administrator privileges
- Change the option to "Run whether user is logged in or not"
- Run with highest privileges
- Change the last option "Configured for:" to what best matches your OS (Win Server or Win 10)
- Move to the Triggers tab (should be prompted to enter the password of the account you just selected)
- Leave the top option as default (On a Schedule)
- Settings: Change the occurrence to "Daily" and select the start team each morning for the EZ Importer to auto-start
- Everything else can stay unchecked, except for the last (Enabled). Click "Ok".
- Move to the Actions tab. Select "New" at the bottom
- Click Browse and navigate to where you stored your batch files. Choose the one that starts the importer
- Move to the Conditions tab, and uncheck all options
- Move to the Settings tab.
- Select "Allow task to run on demand"
- Select "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed"
- Select "If the task fails, restart every"
- Change to 5 minutes, and "Attempt to restart" 3 times
- Deselect all other options
- Be sure "Do not start a new instance" is selected
- Click OK to save the scheduled task
Repeat these steps for creating the "Stop" EZ Import task, except...
- Change the name and description of the task on the General tab
- Changing the time to when you want the importer to close on the Triggers tab
- Changing the path to the "stop" batch file on the Action tab