This guide will help you install the Scanco Manufacturing 100 desktop app locally for usage, testing, and troubleshooting. Please keep in mind that the desktop that you are installing this application on must be on the same network as your Sage installation
1. Download the app from the Scanco Installers page - https://tinyurl.com/n6dkad3x
2. The app will be in a zipped format to save time when downloading. Right-click on the file and choose "Extract All" from the menu. The extracted folder can be stored anywhere, but recommended to be saved in C:\Program Files\Scanco.
3. Locate the "Scanco.WMS.Manufacturing.exe" application file. Right-click and select "Create Shortcut". Right-click on the newly created shortcut and choose "Properties". Within the "Target" field, navigate to the very end after the last quotation mark and press the space bar once, then type "debug", then click apply at the bottom of the menu. Then close the menu.
4. Right-click on the newly created shortcut again and choose "Rename". Type "Scanco Manufacturing 100" and then enter to save. (You can drag the file to your desktop for ease of use, if you choose)
5. Open the Manufacturing 100 app. You'll be presented with empty fields. NOTE: Notice the DeviceID field. Write down the last 5 characters before the hyphen (see the screenshot, this will be applicable in the following step)
- If you are using the app on your Sage server, type LOCALHOST (no space), and port 50000. Push Enter at the bottom.
-If you are on a desktop other than your Sage system, enter in the IP address of your Sage server, and port is 50000. Push Enter at the bottom.
- Notice the red circle in the upper right hand corner. This indicates that your desktop app is not ACTIVATED. This is normal, just proceed to the next step to activate it.
6. Open customers.scanco.com in a browser and log in with your company credentials. If you do not have these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Navigate to the DEVICES (1) tab at the top of the page
- Find the device ID based in the "KEY" column (2) using the characters you wrote down previously (Tip: you can press ALT + F to open the Find function and search for your device)
- Ensure the "ACTIVE" and FOR MFG100 (3 and 4) are checked
7. Return to your Manufacturing 100 app. A green checkmark will replace the red circle after a few moments. Activation is now complete, and you may log in using the fingerprint at the bottom of the screen