- This screen comes up on first install to register. You must enter all information on initial registration of the device. You can come in after the fact to re-register or change the name of the device.
- Device Identifier – If you need to re-register JOScan, you will need to supply this ID and the Device Name to Scanco support at Support@scanco.com
- License Key – Supplied by Scanco. Key will change depending on registered options.
- Admin Password – This password is for entering setup screens or exiting the program. Default is 147.
- Device Name – This will be the machine name by default. The device name can be no longer then 7 characters long. It can be changed depending on how you want transactions labeled in MAS. You will also need to send this when you request a new license.
- This url "http://localhost:7777/UpdateService.svc"must be running through IIS to work properly.
- To test if working try running link in browser and you will be prompted "You have created a service".
When you first run JOSCAN, you will be prompted with the License Key screen.
*** The default values for License Key AND Device Name will need to be changed.
- Decide what you want to call this station (Device Name)
- it can be whatever you want it to be
- it doesn't need to be the name of the computer, but it can be
- this is a reference so you know which station transactions originated from
- JOScan may not work correctly if more than one station has the same Device Name
- Send us:
- the Device Identifier - displayed on the screen when you first run JOScan
- (we need the Device Identifier to generate the License Key)
- and the Device Name that you are going to give it
- (we keep the Device Name for our records)
- Enter the License Key that we send back you, and the Device Name, and click "Accept"